Monday, August 31, 2009

Meeting random people


What do you get when you go out for a late dinner on a Friday night, at a bar and grill.. and you choose to eat on the patio? You get to enjoy your Tex-Mex and margaritas in the company of real cool random people!

We were being unusually witty when I let out a belly laugh and a lady at the next table over.. said, "Bartender, I'll have what she's having!" An immediate bond was formed between my party of 3 and Louanne and Melinda. In honor of these two ladies, I share this post.

I wish I'd gotten a group photo. Of course, before our little party was over, I shared my blogspot address. They had NO idea what a blog is. I enjoyed watching my daughter explain it. Melinda and Louise.. I mean, Louanne, took to her right away. With Thelma.. I mean, Melinda declaring she had a grand daughter who looks just like my daughter. Or did she say god daughter? Yes. I had margaritas... and dim sum.. I mean, and then some.

The funny thing is.. These two ladies traveling from Orange County California, were total strangers to each other on the plane, 'til they realized they were en route to the same wedding! How 'bout that?

Here I am basking in the afterglow of having made the acquaintance of 2 really random people that I know I'll never see again.. in person at least.. But my daughter got to witness how it's done.. (perhaps for the 1st time).. Meeting random people, getting to know a little or a lot about others for no good reason. No strings attached. If these had been guys though, it would have never happened at all. I'm sure of it.

Am I making too big a deal and spiritualizing this trivial every day occurrence? To me it was a cool thing.

Maybe I just need to get out AND hang out more often.

HI... Melinda! HI Louanne! When/If you get here, please let me know by leaving a comment. Just click on the the NOTES FROM FRIENDS below. Would love to hear from you!


NOTE: (I originally posted that our friends were from California wine country, but my daughter whose photographic memory I trust reminded me that they're from O. C. - Changed it. My bad!)

No comments: